Procedures Analysis and Updating Process (PAPA-UP) for Head Start
offered exclusively by the Center for Community
Download this document in PDF format by clicking
Have you compared your program’s existing policies and procedures with the new Head Start Program Performance Standards and all other requirements?
If so, would you say there’s a gap between what your policies and cover and what they need to address?
Would you consider that gap to be gapingly large?
By our count:
- There are 1,306 specific regulations in the new Head Start Program Performance Standards;
- The OMB Super Circular (45 CFR Part 75) has 3,012 requirements;
- The Head Start Act has 1,446 requirements;
- 439 is the number of policies needed to cover all of the regulations (excluding fiscal).
It’s a huge job to overhaul a policy manual. The good news is we can help.
Our team of experts in Head Start/Early Head Start policies and procedures and regulations management offers you our services to make your program’s policies and procedures complete, consistent, thorough, and up-to-date.
When you transmit your existing policies and procedures to us (preferably electronically), we will:
- Cross-reference your existing policies and procedures to their related regulations and identify what’s missing.
- Refine/update your policies and procedures so they cover all requirements. This also includes correcting grammar, making formatting consistent, and re-writing as needed to address the requirements.
- Draft policies that are missing.
- Produce a comprehensive, up-to-date, hyperlinked, bookmarked and indexed Policies and Procedures manual in Word format ready for review and approval by Policy Council and governing body.
The PAPA-Up Process involves:
- Ongoing communications with program leaders, including conference calls and e-mails as needed;
- Identification of applicability of policies and procedures (Grantee level; program level; etc.); and
- Dedicated work by an expert in writing, refining, and managing Head Start/Early Head Start policies and procedures with their associated regulations.
Depending on the state of your program’s existing policies and procedures and the quantity of work involved to finalize your Policies and Procedures Manual, the entire project could cost between $3,000 and $12,000 or more. When you fill out the form below and submit it, we will review your estimates to co-determine fair pricing.
Contact: Teresa Wickstrom, Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 909-790-0670