The Review Ready! 2018 Electronic File for Head Start Programs is now available
With the Aligned Monitoring System 2.0 including both Focus Area 1 and Focus Area 2
The Center for Community Futures is pleased to announce the availability of the Review Ready! 2018 Electronic File for use by local Head Start programs to help get ready for the next Federal review.
See how the Monitoring Protocol questions and performance measures relate to the spelled‐out Performance Standards, Head Start Act, and Federal regulations as indicated in the Protocol.
Review Ready! 2018 Electronic File
The electronic file is an Excel workbook available through e-mail or Google Drive that has:
- The complete text of the Monitoring Protocol review questions, including performance measures,
- The corresponding Performance Standards, Federal regulations, and Head Start Act requirements spelled out next to their applicable compliance indicators,
- Space for writing notes regarding:
- Policy – reference your program’s policies and procedures that meet/exceed the regulation, or note if a policy needs to be modified, approved, or drafted;
- Governing Body – note actions pending or taken by the Governing Body;
- PC – list the action/s required or taken by Policy Council or Policy Committee;
- Corrective Action – note corrective action/s needed or taken;
- Responsible – indicate who is responsible for the item/corrective action; and
- Target Date – list the date by which the corrective action is to be completed.
Use the Review Ready! 2018 E-File to:
- Write notes on what you need to do – and what you have done—to get ready for review on each item;
- Indicate whether or not you have policies in place;
- List corrective actions needed or taken;
- Identify persons responsible for getting your program into compliance;
- Keep track of what the Governing Body and Policy Council have done or need to do;
- Specify target dates for completion; and
- Make sure that every Performance Standard and Federal regulation relating to the Monitoring Protocol is addressed in preparation for your review.
The Review Ready! 2018 Electronic file also gives you:
- The ability to share the file with program staff and others involved in the review, working on the same master spreadsheets;
- A carefully formatted file for easier, smarter management of reviewable requirements.